At Coleman Realty and Investment Company, we understand that buying or selling a home can be a very stressful process. Employing a realtor, however, can ease the stress of that process, making your transaction pleasant rather than painful. Our real estate company’s experience and expertise in handling the details will help give you peace of mind when buying your new home in beautiful, historic Columbus, Mississippi.
FOR LEASE…2 and 3 bedroom town homes with all appliances. North Columbus.
$700 to $825 month
Buying a Home
The process of finding and buying a home can be complicated and lengthy. We are here to help you find the home you really want, and weed through the thousands of listings to bring you the best matches for your preferences and price range. We may even know of homes not yet on the market. Because your home is the largest investment you will ever make, we will help you determine your real buying power and give you access to the financial tools you need for home buying. Moreover, we can provide you information on schools, utilities, and zoning necessary to help you make an informed decision about your purchase. While you may be inclined to an emotional purchase based on love at first sight, a professional realtor will help you keep a clear head to fully evaluate and assess the property before you buy. We will assist in guiding you through the negotiations and closing to get you happily settled in your new home.
Selling a Home
Selling a home can be just as complicated as buying. While it may be tempting to try to sell on your own, listing your property with our qualified realtors adds greatly to the ease of the sale. Experts in realty sales, we will add your property to our listings, making sure it shows to the best advantage. Because we are immersed in the market, we understand how prices rise and fall, and can advise you in setting an asking price that is both realistic for the market and profitable for you. When you list with our brokerage, your property will appear on Multiple Listing Service (MLS), connecting you with other realtors and potential home buyers. An MLS listing will ensure that your property is available to the widest audience of buyers. When a buyer makes an offer, we will help you to evaluate the offer rationally and decide when to negotiate and when to accept. Moreover, we'll work with you and your buyer for a smooth negotiation, clean closing, and a satisfactory transaction.
Buying and Selling Land
We not only deal in houses, but will also assist in land purchases and sales. Whether you are looking for the ideal home site or selling your family’s hunting property, we assist buyers and land owners in realizing their real estate goals. With the same financial oversight, MLS listings, and help in negotiations, we make your land purchase or sale pleasant rather than painful.
Contact us today for expert service when buying or selling real estate in and around Columbus, Mississippi.
6 Reasons Why Now is a Great Time to Buy:
- Home Prices Are at Their Lowest - Houses are more affordable than they’ve been in a decade, but according to the Fiserv® Case-Shiller Indexes®, average home prices have shown signs of increase. 2012 showed an increase of 1.2% from the previous year and are expected to go up another 0.3% over the next year.
- Houses Are Affordable Again - The average principal/interest payment fell from $1,063 in 2006 to $645. Homeownership is also becoming more attractive versus renting. The average national difference between mortgage and rent payments has dropped from $745 to $102 over the past 6 years, and rents are expected to increase another 3.5%.
- Mortgage Rates Won't Go Any Lower - According to HSH.com, the national average for a 30 year fixed rate mortgage last August was 4.5%. Lower rates may be available depending on your lender, loan type, credit score, and down payment.
- It's a Buyer's Market - The National Association of Realtors has reported a 9.5 months’ supply of homes, the length of time it would take to sell all homes on the market at the current rate of sales. With a wide selection of properties available, you’ll be able to spend less time finding a desirable home and negotiating a price.
- You May Find a Distressed Property - Bank foreclosures or real estate owned (REO) properties typically sell for 35% less than the price of conventional homes. Learn more about purchasing a foreclosed property here.
- Homeownership is Still Attractive - Owning a home gives you control over your living environment, allowing you to make upgrades as you see fit, and helps foster a sense of belonging to the community.